Aloe vera: The Magical Plant Extract
Originated in the Sudan, it grows in arid climates of Africa and India. It is a succulent plant having herbal medicinal values. It contains vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, folic acid, choline, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6, B12, calcium, magnesium, zinc, chromium, selenium, sodium, iron, potassium and copper.
Preparation of Aloe Vera juice:
Scoop out the aloe vera gel from the leaf and put it in the blender with water and blend for three minutes. A dash of lemon can be added for taste.
Health benefits of drinking Aloe vera juice in the morning:
- Hydrating The Body- Drinking aloe vera juice helps in keeping the body hydrated as the plant is water dense. The potassium in aloe vera as well as its hydrating properties flushes out toxins from the body.
- Fighting Cancer- Aloe vera contains over two hundred active compounds including amino acids, fatty acids, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, polysaccharides etc which fights inflammation, and thus doctors do believe that it does also fight cancer.
- Promoting the Health of the Heart- Aloe Vera is rich in Vitamin C, the juice of Aloe Vera lowers blood pressure in the body and therefore it is accepted that it takes care of the heart too by increasing the strength of the veins and enhancing blood circulation.
- Treating Digestive Problems- The presence of laxative components in aloe vera maintains the pH balance inside the body and relieves constipation. It helps in healing damaged intestinal tract and encourages good gut bacteria.
Amla or Gooseberries: God’s Fruit
Phyllanthus emblica or Indian Gooseberry or just Amla from the Sanskrit word Amlaki, this fruit makes a lot of appearance in Hindu Mythological texts as fruit having very important medicinal values. It is a very good source of vitamin C and many antioxidant properties.
Preparation of Amla Juice:
Cut the amlas in small pieces and make a paste by putting it in the mixer. Now, put the paste on a clean cloth and squeeze it. Mix the raw juice with some water and then drink it.
Health benefits of drinking Amla juice in the morning:
- Long term dry cough or cold can be cured by taking amla juice in the morning with little bit of honey. Intake of this juice would also protect the body from further coughs and colds.
- It enhances the metabolism rate due to the presence of vitamin C, Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids which burns calories. It also contains antioxidants which reduces cholesterol and helps in maintaining the level of diabetes.
- Drinking amla juice helps in strengthening the hair, prevent premature greying, treating dandruff, conditioning the hair and preventing other hair problems.
- Amla in itself is nutritional as it contains iron, calcium and phosphorous. Therefore, drinking it gives energy to the body and boosts good health by supporting liver functions washing away toxins from the body.