What is a hair masque?
It was not only Egyptian and Roman queens who seem to have bathed in milk and honey. Nowadays, modern ‘cleopatras’ do that too!
Jokes aside, a hair treatment which provides deep conditioning to the hair and prevents breakage and frizz is known as a ‘hair masque’. Hair masques are enriched with moisturizing agents like avocado oil, shea butter, honey and other fruit oils which makes the hair soft and shiny. It is a great source of hydration to the hair and also enhances hair colour. Hair strands are made up of keratin and protein and therefore a perfect hair masque must contain keratin, amino acids and fatty acids.
How to use hair masques?
Here we are sharing a quick organic home hair masque for all you beautiful girls.
HOME MADE HAIR MASQUE:
- First thing you need to do is wash your hair with cold water for five minutes. But make sure your hair is properly washed as it will make you feel fresh. Now, grab a comb and remove all the tangles. Once you are done with that, take a fresh towel and cover your hair to drain excess water.
- Make your very own hair masque at home. Take an egg and break it. Pour its contents in a bowl. Now, add some yogurt to it. You can add two teaspoons of lemon juice and one teaspoon of honey. To the mixture of egg, yogurt, lemon juice and honey, mash in half a banana. Mix well until no lumps and make a paste.
- Apply the masque to your hair. Make sure each section of your hair is covered. Remember to massage the mask on your hair for a couple of minutes. Once you are done, let it dry for half an hour. You can also use a hair dryer to dry each section of your hair completely.
- After it is dried, use cold water to wash off the masque. Cold water will dry all the cuticles and make your hair softer and smoother. You can use shampoo and conditioner on your hair after you have washed it off.
If you are not a fan of homemade hair masque. We are sharing below a list of 4 best hair masks available in India.
1. The Body Shop Rain Forest Moisture Hair Butter – It contains extracts of Pracaxi oil, community trade honey, manketti nut oil and olive oil.
2. Loreal Total Repair 5 Hair Masque – It fights again split ends, dryness, roughness and dullness of hair and also prevents hair fall.
3. Dove Intense Repair Treatment Mask – It imparts resilience to the hair and provides fibres and protein complexes which are absorbed by the hair.
4. Pantene Hair Mask – It makes sure to provide the right amount of moisture to your hair and make the hair more supple and softer.
Why to use hair masques?
The hair straightening iron rod, those chemical red, blonde and sometimes blue colors, the curling irons and not to mention the pollution to which we expose our hair regularly very obviously takes a toll on our hair strands making them dull and rough. Thus, hair masques should be used as they are an easy and fuss free way to do maximum damage control.